Why Cool Down?
Cooling down exercises for tennis lower the heart rate and bring the body back to homeostasis, reduces muscle soreness and tightness, removes waste products from working muscles and helps prevent blood pooling.
Effective Tennis Exercises for Cool Down – 2 phases This cool down should take between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the intensity and duration of your tennis training or tennis match.
1. Cardio – Jog, bike or swim for 10 minutes.
2. Stretching – benefits such as:
• Helps lengthen muscles back to original length.
• Helps joint mobility and healthy functional joint range.
• Releases muscle tension, which can help take pressure off or away from joint/s.
3. Foam roller